Why join Russell IPM?
By joining Russell IPM, you will be a part of an organisation that has a strong focus on its people, providing a career path focused on individual as well as organisational growth.
Our recruitment process is focused on not only selecting the highest calibre of candidates, but also those who will thrive in our environment.
Listed below are details of the vacancies currently across our business.
Russell IPM is an expanding company, with an increasing range of products for pests and diseases of agriculture, stored products and domestic properties. New products are being continuously developed tested and marketed. To this end, Russell IPM wishes to appoint a Technical Officer reporting to the Technical Director with the remit to carry out field trials and laboratory bio-assays on the development of new products, and to provide technical information and product literature to help support the commercial team in sales.
The Post requires a BSc/MSc in a biological subject with some knowledge of crop pest management in commercial horticulture. The person must be able to work independently, flexibly and be prepared to travel to farms (driving license required), with occasional overseas travel likely. Good written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Support the Technical Director in order to deliver new products and technical information to the commercial team, as required. This includes production of technical data sheets, brochures, safety data sheets and technical advice sheets.
- Support the Technical Director to deliver field trials of new or existing products, either in-house, on grower sites, or through distributors
- Draft field trial protocols
- Organise samples and equipment for trials
- Set up field and laboratory trials, including spraying treatments if required
- Assess the treatments, including counting and identifying insect species
- Supervise the rearing of insects and plants to support the field trials as required
- Participation and contribution to seminars and trade meetings.
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 subject to experience
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch:
+44 (0) 1244 281 333