Mini MothCatcher Trap
Simple to use funnel trap for monitoring and containment of various moth pests
Russell IPM’s MothCatcher traps (universally known as bucket traps) have been developed to be highly effective at trapping a range of moth pests. The weatherproof casing is designed for use with pheromone lures for monitoring and mass trapping of flying insects.
The traps are hardwearing and can be used for several seasons. Additionally, as the entry point is covered, the moth trap is suitable for outdoor and dusty environments.
Benefits of the Mini MothCatcher trap
- Durable and hardwearing for both indoor and outdoor trapping.
- Clear casing allows ease of monitoring and identification.
- Robust trap can be used for several seasons.
- Simple to install and maintain.
- Green colour reduces attraction to non-target insects.
What makes this trap different from the standard Mothcatcher Trap?
- Size. This trap is smaller at at a size of 19.5cm x 15cm. It is lower capacity for smaller numbers of pests. This makes it ideal for gardens and allotments.
- The lid of the trap is a green colour to make it less attractive to beneficial insects.
- The trap targets micro Lepidoptera such as Tuta absoluta, Cydalima perspectalis (the box tree moth) and other moths present in gardens.