Benefits of Recharge
- Restores soil back to full health.
- Boosts the plant’s Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR).
- Increases plant nutrient absorption to boost growth and vigour.
- Re-establishes the soil microbial fauna to provide a healthy environment that encourages growth of natural enemies.
Why choose Recharge?
The multiple modes of action offered by Recharge produce healthier plants and higher yields. The product results in the need for less fertiliser, pesticide and water use due to the plant’s enhanced ability to defend itself against pests, disease and environmental stresses. This helps the farmer to protect crops more cost-effectively and in a chemical-free way. Use of Recharge will help growers to achieve the MRL set by supermarkets or Global GAP.
Recharge can greatly enhance the effectiveness of integrated pest management programmes and is compatible with many biorational control programmes. It is particularly successful when utilised in combination with biopesticides including Antario and Biotrine from Russell IPM, providing vital background protection to the crop against invasive pests and diseases.
Recharging soil health
Recharge has been tried and tested in tomato growing fields in Tanzania. The use of Recharge gives a better yield, visibly greener foliage, more flowers and larger sized tomatoes and a reduced need for fertiliser. Additionally, it was observed that Recharge has a powerful effect on plant vigour and better early season growth. Results consistently show that Recharge results in a reduction in tomato leaf miner, Tuta absoluta numbers as the microbial formulation attacks overwintering pupae dwelling in soil.
Research & Development
Recharge has undergone 10 years of research and development to produce the most effective and efficient soil treatment for enhancing growth and preventing pest damage. Trials revealed that the sustainable microbe-based bioproduct can protect against a number of pests including Tuta absoluta whilst enhancing crop growth and yield.
Recharge can prevent Tuta absoluta from establishing harmful population levels in tomato fields by deploying nature’s own weapons – recharging the soil with the same beneficial organisms that nature uses to keep insect populations in balance.
Best results can be achieved in areas where the Tuta absoluta pest has recently arrived and the population has just begun to build up. Recharge can stop the population from growing to a harmful level and will slow down the advance of the pest to further areas. As Recharge is based on natural living organisms, which can grow and multiply in the soil, one simple application provides sustainable and cost-effective season long protection.
Large scale trials in Africa have demonstrated that fields protected by Recharge required substantially less pesticides, saving farmers considerable cost and reducing the risk to consumer health associated with the over-use of pesticides.
Further trials revealed that the resulting sugar beet crops were visibly healthier and had a drastic reduction in the amount of root damage from soil-dwelling pests. Additionally, less pesticide was required which resulted in cost and time savings for the farmer. Recharge was added to the crop in the irrigation water, which enables full coverage of the microbial soil treatment and provided season long protection.
- Recharge is a microbial soil treatment applicable to a range of crops including sugar beet.
- Trials resulted in visibly improved produce with sugar beets in good shape and with substantially less pest damage.
- Recharge provided the sugar beets with vital background protection against pests and diseases
- Application of Recharge prevented pests such as Cercospora, Cleonusweevil and Spodoptora littoralis from establishing.
Recharge was applied to cucumber in the early stages of the growth within polytunnels. Farmers found that application of the product removed the need for both pesticides and fungicides, as the soil treatment provided full protection against both insects and pathogens.
The natural beneficial microbes within Recharge provided the cucumber plant with complete background protection against pests and diseases.
- Addition of the sustainable soil treatment reduced the need for pesticides and fungicides in the cucumber crop.
- One application of Recharge provided season long protection against pests until harvest.
- Produce yield and quality was of a much higher standard when compared to control plots.